2009, video, objects, texts, painting
Jelení Gallery, Prague, 28. 4. – 14. 5. 2009, curated by Dominik Lang
exhibition layout Vasil Artamonov and Alexey Klyuykov
voiceover Marie Magidová
Carte du Tendre by Madeleine de Scudéry (1653) and medieval Chinese map of the world, ink on tracing paper, fluorescent lamp, 54 × 122 cm
Wind rose with portraits of Lautreamont, Walter Benjamin, Georges Bataille and Ryunosuke Akutagawa, ink on polyester, tub, water, 30 × 30 cm
text by Ryunosuke Akutagawa, books, bookshelf, tabouret
copy of painting by I. K. Aivazovsky, oil on canvas, 70 × 100 cm
text by Lautreamont, paper on polyester, 10 × 5cm
video based on the photography of Chinese torture from the archive of Georges Bataille, 1:15 minutes
1. The knife in executioner’s hand is touching young man’s right leg between the patella and the tibia.
2. The deltoid muscle on the young man’s left arm is at the bottom sharply ended with the sword-cut.
3. The bone-deep gash is yawning in the middle of the young man’s right thigh.
4. The skin is cut from the left side of the young man’s thorax, so you can see the ribs.
5. The muscles are teared off the young man’s right arm from the deltoid muscle downwards.
6. The young man’s left knee-joint is forked with a number of the sword cuts.
7. The skin is cut from the right side of the young man’s thorax, so you can see the ribs.
8. The young man’s mouth is open.
9. His head is backswept and his gaze is staring at something upwards.
photo Jelení Gallery, Prague